Old 19-01-2012, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Gladstone peas

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:29:29 -0800 (PST), michael
wrote:

I have an allotment in S.Manchester and have been growing tall peas
for some years since they have more flavour,though they do need much
more support and efforts to keep the pigeons off.I currently grow Ne
Plus Ultra,Magnum Bonum and Chamoion of England,all growing to about
6'.
I would very much like to swap some of these seeds with anyone who has
some Gladstone peas.
Alternatively I could swap some grapevine cuttings in
season(Rondo,Bacchus,Schonberger) for Gladstone peas if anyone wishes
to grow wine making grapes on the allotment.
Michael

I grew Ne Plus Ultra and Magnum Bonum some years ago and they were
certainly excellent flavour.
Can't offer swops but where do you get your seed or are they saved? I
got them originally from Ryton Heritage seeds. Can they be bought
anywhere? Have you a few to sell?

Pam in Bristol