Old 20-01-2012, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Any especially flavoursome cabbage, suitable for windy South Coast?

On Jan 20, 10:00*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"AL_n" *wrote

Cabbage is one of those vegetables I can take or leave. However, I'd like
to grow some if I can find a particularly tasty variety. Any
recommendations? I'm gardening in alkaline soil on the south coast of
England, in a rather windy location.

So what sort of cabbage do you want to grow, spring, summer, winter?
They like alkaline soil so that's OK they also like a rich soil so get some
manure dug in. They also like to be well firmed in when transplanting.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

In my opinion the best Winter cabbage is January King, Hardy, stands
well and tastes great. Always grew well outside Hastings in the days
when winters were winters.