Old 21-01-2012, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Nitrogen and worm activity

In article ,
says...

Incidentally, I don't go along with this (common) view that moles are
solitary operators, I think they are much more numerous in small areas
than is generally believed. I myself have trapped dozens in my field
over the last two or three years, and others tell me similar stories,
but they don't seem to be reducing in number!

Moles are highly territorial and adults patrol their own tunnel system.
When you trap the lone tunnel inhabitant then other moles will move in to
its territory.

Janet.