Old 22-01-2012, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Strawberry foliage not died off.

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:32:40 GMT, Baz wrote:

My existing and new strawbs foliage is still present.
I thought that they should wilt and die before spring.

Baz

Mine's the same. Conventional wisdom says that, about now, we chop off
the dead stuff to let the new green growth develop. This is new
territory for me but I'm planning to work on the basis that the old
growth will simply suck nutrient from the flowers/berries and at the
moment it's bigger than the new so while I've got that distinction I'm
going to chop it off.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.