Old 22-01-2012, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Apple seed. . .

On 1/22/12 8:32 AM, Ray wrote:
Using advice I found on the Internet, I placed several apple seeds in a damp
paper towel and stored them in the refrigerator for a couple of months.

They still haven't sprouted, but I see no evidence of rot or mold.

Can I expect them to sprout when I put them in the ground in the spring?

Apples do not grow true to form from seed. For example, seed from a
Macintosh will not produce a tree that has Macintosh apples. Instead,
the results could be a new, desirable variety or a not-so-good variety.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see