Old 22-01-2012, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Apple seed. . .

Billy writes:

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 1/22/12 8:32 AM, Ray wrote:
Using advice I found on the Internet, I placed several apple seeds in a
damp
paper towel and stored them in the refrigerator for a couple of months.

They still haven't sprouted, but I see no evidence of rot or mold.

Can I expect them to sprout when I put them in the ground in the spring?

Apples do not grow true to form from seed. For example, seed from a
Macintosh will not produce a tree that has Macintosh apples. Instead,
the results could be a new, desirable variety or a not-so-good variety.

David, your response doesn't answer the question that was asked.

If it was me with the apple seeds, I'd consider this as one of the most
useful answers. The OP may be after another variety but he didn't post
anything that said or implied that.

There's no guarantee that the seeds will sprout buy I'd say it's very
likely. If they do, now the OP has an idea about what to expect.

--
Dan Espen