Old 22-01-2012, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Strawberry foliage not died off.

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:00:22 +0000, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

. Conventional wisdom says that, about now, we chop off
the dead stuff to let the new green growth develop.

You cut off the old stuff, as soon after harvest as possible, clears
away all the bugs and nasty's, and allows the sun to get to the
crowns, so boosting the next year crop.

but this year we got a second crop, and the leaves grew and confused
all. I am going to wait until march, and remove all leaves again, but
willing to listen to anyone with a better idea.

'
..
..
..