Old 22-01-2012, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Daffodil

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:13:18 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
.. .
The first daffodil is in full flower. Well, the first daffodil has
only one flower but it's out. It's the same every year. Just one
flower and then a few weeks later all the others come out.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com

No first daffs for me.- yet

Last year I planted many daffodil bulbs on our golf course. In one spot,
there are several older daffs sprouting well and are standing about 6 ins
high,.but last yaear's
bulbs have yet to show any growth at all. have I any cuse for concern?

Bill

You've got me worrying now as none of my daffs are showing above
ground (both old and new bulbs). Tulips, which are later flowering,
are showing lots of leaf growth. I wonder whether the warmer soil
through the winter has done something. Maybe the daffs don't think
it's growing time yet.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.