Old 23-01-2012, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Eating and rooting a mint plant

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:14:07 -0000, "john east"
wrote:

Got a small 'mint' plant from waitrose the other day, and the mint tastes
much better than the mint plant i have in a pot in the garden.

I am going to try to root some stems in some water inside the house.
Meanwhile wife is taking leaves to put in salad etc. Since i have not had
any root yet, it is a race against time.

Should wife just take leaves from the bottom of stems and i take the top
leaves and stem to try and root them, or is it better she just take one
whole stem at a time?

Take some stems off and hide them somewhere from her. Put them in
water until they root.

Buy another one if she is using that much of it as it'll be a while
before you've grown any.

Repotting them often gives them an extra burst of growth.

I've grown rosemary cuttings recently from a packet of rosemary pieces
bought as fresh herbs in the local morrisons.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk