Old 23-01-2012, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cotula cotula is offline

Default Daffodil

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:13:18 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

Last year I planted many daffodil bulbs on our golf course. In one spot,
there are several older daffs sprouting well and are standing about 6 ins
high,.but last yaear's
bulbs have yet to show any growth at all. have I any cuse for concern?

A few years ago I planted some native daffodils in grass, then a
couple of seasons later planted some more of the same variety, using
the same bulb planter (so same depth) to expand the area. The longer
established bulbs have sent up foliage and flowered sooner for at
least two seasons now.

Some of the newer bulbs are showing some foliage (the older ones are
well up), but it is difficult to see some of them in the grass, as
they are only an inch or so in height. If you are much north of here,
or in a colder location, there might be little or nothing to see as
yet.

Gardening on Wilts/Somerset border
on slightly alkaline clay.