Old 23-01-2012, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Eating and rooting a mint plant

In article , lid says...

Got a small 'mint' plant from waitrose the other day, and the mint tastes
much better than the mint plant i have in a pot in the garden.

I am going to try to root some stems in some water inside the house.
Meanwhile wife is taking leaves to put in salad etc. Since i have not had
any root yet, it is a race against time.

Should wife just take leaves from the bottom of stems and i take the top
leaves and stem to try and root them, or is it better she just take one
whole stem at a time?

Just plant the roots in some better compost and stand back.

I grow all my mints in prison pots; when old plants are tired and I need
to start afresh I just pull up some roots (cut off the stems) and replant
them. It soon shoots again.

Janet