Old 23-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Econerd Econerd is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell81 View Post
Hi! I'm a newbie and I have a bunch of questions too...
Fist one: how to grow strawberries so they are big, but now watery but actually sweet? is there a special sort of such strawberries?
and another one: how to take care about chinesis rose? (did i spell it right?)

i'm sorry if i'm off-topic, but this is just my 1st post
Hey I totaly agree alpines are the best, they are teeny little fruit but taste amazing, ive got a plant sat out in a pot on my table and its flowering again,
it just keeps going really well, not died back at all. bareing in mind its the middle of winter.

as for cucumbers/marrows etc we were getting loads of them off the plants we had, they do like it warm though. if you can get a green house or poly tunnel its worth it as it increases the growing season and crops like tomatoes and cucumbers do much better in them.

good luck next season. theres nothing like growing your own veg and fruit