Old 23-01-2012, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Daffodil

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:27:19 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Come on Jake, use your head.
Remember they are foreign bulbs.
They are learning Welsh before they have to face the world.

I think they're waiting for the umbrella delivery!

Anyhow, any sensible bulb knows you don't need to learn Welsh at the
growing stage as most of us have learned to speak English (which is
the only way we can understand those pesky monoglots). It's only at
the death stage that Welsh becomes required. Catholics go through
purgatory (compulsory Welsh lessons), and other religions accept a
corresponding period of essential preparation. It's only Anglicans
(arrogant C of E people) who think they can get away with speaking
English when they go "upstairs".

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.