Old 25-01-2012, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Can I cut this plant back?

On Jan 24, 6:00*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
This pic

http://tinypic.com/r/2imd52/5

shows a plant I was given. *It is so leggy that I can't support it
with long sticks.

Anybody know the name?

Also, is it safe to cut it back?

I kinda like it, but need your advice before hacking.

TIA

HB

Looks like a euphorbia var.,maybe a fire glow or a rigida,if so watch
out for the sap, can be caustic to some. But as always verify, then
look up pruning, this one should be ok to prune, but I would repot the
first year instead, looks neglicted. use a lighter, fluffier mix , if
you don't know how to root prune just change the soil, not a lot of
fertilizer, leave for this year, the newer shoots in the center
Easy to propagate, put that stem you broke on the right in a glass of
water, or a loose soil mix. Kay's recommendation for layering is spot
on target