Old 25-01-2012, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Fluffing up compost

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 9:53 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
A speaker at our gardening club told us (and showed us an example) that he
puts newly bought bags of compost through his shredder. This "fluffs up"
the compost to a fine tilth removing the compacted lumps one tends to get.

If this sounds daft to some of you, I'm only relating what the speaker
said.
Please don't shoot the messenger :-)

Bill

Use your own compost or the stuff from the recycle centre. (£2/big bag
round our way.)
Put it through the riddle. Much cheaper all round

..Hi Harry, good advice, and I do use compost from oue local recycling
centre, and riddling gets rid of excessive bits of stick.. BTW it's free !!

Not the point of my post really, but thanks anyway

Bill