View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Old 28-01-2012, 04:05 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy060289 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have had to split this poll into two threads as the maximum allowed poll options is 10. the details of the poll can be found he

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united...tml#post948612

If you could be so kind as to vote in both to give me a good overall picture of how much time you spend in your garden with things such as a water feature running or lights switched on (during the evening) that would be great!

Once again thank you for any help
A few thoughts for your research.

Firstly - it's very confusing as to what you're actually after. I think you're after the potential for solar lights or solar water features. In which case, don't you want to know the total usage of these features, irrespective of whether the gardener is in the garden at the time?

secondly, you could do with a little more time considering your target audience for this questionnaire. Most people on uk.rec. gardening are keen gardeners - we spend a lot more time growing plants that we do lounging around admiring our water features. So compared with the UK garden-using population, we're a pretty biased sample!

And that bring me to the third point - if you'd read the information on gardenbanter, you would see that it is merely a portal for usenet - ie it forwards posts, in this case, to the newsgroup uk.rec.gardening and retrieves answers from that group. Most of the people who would be likely to answer your questionnaire are posting directly to e.rec.gardening - they won't even see your poll! (Yes, I know you've given the url, but people won't come across from urg and register with gardenbanter just to add to your poll._