Old 28-01-2012, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default New lawnmower

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:28:24 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

harry wrote:

On Jan 28, 3:55*pm, rbel wrote:
I am thinking of treating myself to a new lawnmower. *The one thing
that has annoyed me with the current Honda rotary is that it will not
cut the grass at the edges of the lawns. *Does anyone know of a
wheeled rotary where the cutting width exceeds the width of the wheel
track? *Given the somewhat uneven surface of the lawns I not
particularly keen on a mower with a rear roller which I suppose would
help get around the problem.

I have seen a Bosch that has overhanging fingers that draw the grass
into the blade. Dunno how well it works.

I have the Bosch Rotak 34, and find it very manoeuvrable on my
smallish lawns. Seems to manage to get to the edges of even the
curved sections.

Many thanks for the responses. The Rotaks are certainly an
interesting range and the side 'grass combs' appear to work well
according to the many positive online reviews. Unfortunately the
largest version is not really large enough and they seem to be of the
push type rather than power driven.

--
rbel