Old 29-01-2012, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Labelling help pls

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Janet" wrote in message
Some of have discussed before, making permanent name tags for special
plants/trees using an electric engraver machine and an aluminium tag.

If you're still looking for one, Lidl supermarket' s latest letterbox
flyer arrived today and among the gadgets, they're selling an engraver
similar to mine ..£9.99

Janet.

Does your engraving have to be free-hand or can you use some sort of
stencil?
I had a small label of this type made for me by a local professional. It
was
a small memorial for my Labrador . The label was about 4" x 2" and cost
£15

Er, this is a very old thread!

I find it best to write on the aluminium label in pencil first,
then use that as a guide for the stylus.

I think you can get some kind of metal stencil to write through but
haven't used one.

Janet.

Sorry Janet! I made the mistake of scrolling back through my postings and
got carried away a bit .
I found the thread with one or two unread postings. You'rs caught my eye
and the rest is history.
I never though about checking the date.

Thanks for your informative reply though

Bill