Old 30-01-2012, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Indoor Hyacinth

On Jan 30, 9:47*am, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:14:17 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"

wrote:

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
We have some lovely large scented hyacinths, but the will not stay
upright in the bowl. Apart from constructing a frame to support them,
does anyone have any tips on keeping them upright as they grow?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

The Dutch in their mass displays outdoors use wire rods pushed down through
the stem and bulb, not sure I could bring myself to do that.

I didn't know that. I'll take a closer look when I go to the Keukenhof
this year.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I think that most of your problem is lack of good light.