Old 30-01-2012, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Stored carrots

"Baz" wrote .

My first storage, and cooked some yesterday.
They are hairy and need peeling but the taste and smell of them is out of
this world.
I always thought that storing them would lose flavour. Not so in this lot.
Could be rose tinted glasses but we are very pleased.

As we grow ours in an old water tank we just leave them in and are still
digging nice fresh carrots. They will start to regrow soon so ,as you say,
get hairy but it won't harm the flavour.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.