Old 30-01-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Indoor Hyacinth

On Jan 29, 9:22*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
We have some lovely large scented hyacinths, but the will not stay
upright in the bowl. Apart from constructing a frame to support them,
does anyone have any tips on keeping them upright as they grow?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

I had this problem when a major part of my job was supplying large
numbers of flowering pot plants to decorate a large dark overheated
country house.
I used those split bamboo sticks sharpened to a fine point stuck well
into the bulb (inside the foliage but not too close to the flower stem
otherwise if that gets damaged all is lost) then discrete ties lost
amongs the foliage. Usually the pot is mainly going to be viewed from
one side so put the sticks on the 'back' side.

Rod