Old 30-01-2012, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

I plan to grow a variety of common vegetables this year. To start my
seedlings, I'm thinking of buying some 38cm x 24cm propagator trays with
clear lids. Regarding the number of cells in each, I have a choice of: 24,
40 or 60. They all cost the same, so I get more cells per £ by going for
the 60-cell trays, but will the cells be big enough for starting off the
seedlings before planting out?

Thanks...

Al