Old 31-01-2012, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Stored carrots

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote .

My first storage, and cooked some yesterday.
They are hairy and need peeling but the taste and smell of them is out
of this world.
I always thought that storing them would lose flavour. Not so in this
lot. Could be rose tinted glasses but we are very pleased.

As we grow ours in an old water tank we just leave them in and are
still digging nice fresh carrots. They will start to regrow soon so
,as you say, get hairy but it won't harm the flavour.

I dug all mine up in early November as a precaution because the previous
year we had snow snow snow from November onwards and they all rotted to
orange coloured soup!

Baz