Old 31-01-2012, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Snow -- or No

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:11:36 -0000, "Pete C"
wrote:

I've never lived in a house with central heating and when I was staying
for several weeks with relatives recently who have, I nearly boiled; it
was most unpleasant - I was literally wringing with sweat all the time.

For some years, I rented a flat in Greenich. The bed had 2 legs and 2 beer
crates. There was a gas fire in the front room....thats it! All the windows
had to be scraped of ice in the morning. You know.....I loved living there.
Pete C

Is that because the beer crates were full?

I was fortunate to work for a Brewery in my late teens and early
twenties. Got an allowance of 4 dozen cans a month and more
occasionally. Didn't actually drink that much at home so the packs of
cans were used as a TV stand. The TV rose up and down indicating
consumption by visitors and myself , similar to a gasholder in a way
and like a one of those would frequently be at it's lowest after a
good Sunday Lunch and afternoon.

G.Harman