Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Top Ten pests in gardens for 2010

"Phil Gurr" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/News/Top-10-pests

Bob, this is compiled from queries received by the RHS from the public so
that it in no way represents what we see as the major pests - only pests
that we don't recognise! It is a 'classic' in the mis-interpretation of
statistics.

Yes I appreciate that only too well but it does tend to show unusual/new
stuff that is worsening. Stuff that we as gardeners need to look out for.
It's not many years ago I mentioned Leek Moth on here and got blank looks
and now it's spread almost everywhere.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.