Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Derek Luther Derek Luther is offline
Registered User

Location: Dorset

[

Bob, this is compiled from queries received by the RHS from the public so
that it in no way represents what we see as the major pests - only pests
that we don't recognise! It is a 'classic' in the mis-interpretation of
statistics.[/i][/color]

Yes I appreciate that only too well but it does tend to show unusual/new
stuff that is worsening. Stuff that we as gardeners need to look out for.
It's not many years ago I mentioned Leek Moth on here and got blank looks
and now it's spread almost everywhere.
--

The same is happening with Fuchsia Gall Mite. In gardens where Fuchsia Gall Mite Occurs it is devastating as is Lily Beetle if it attacks your plants. I have Lilies and Fuchsias in my garden and at the moment only have a problem with lily beetle. Observation and finger and thumb are the main attacks and do not forget that the lily beetle grub hides in it's own poo.