Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Garden Wildlife

In message , stuart noble
writes
On 05/02/2012 16:24, Corporal Jones wrote:
On 05/02/2012 13:00, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...
] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk
About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh
Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear.

Janet

I have a large male fox come into the garden every night, usually about
30 mins. after dusk.
Any food left over, cat food etc I usually put out just before it gets
dark but last night because of the heavy snow I left it till later.
When I saw the fox in the garden, it activates the floodlight, I went to
take out some rather tasty giblets from a duck we where having.
Now we also have a semi wild Tabby cat which spends some time in the
conservatory and on smelling the food followed me up the garden, I could
see the fox hiding at the top.
This tabby Is very small, must have been the runt, and started to help
itself to the giblets, got back to the house and the fox came down to
eat but the tabby was not having it and kept chasing it away so the fox
hid at the top of the garden until the cat had had its fill.
I am always reading about foxes killing cats but I do think that foxes
have an undeserved reputation, I also have a firearm (licensed) but
there is no way I would shoot an animal for doing what is natural to it.

We had a small long haired tabby that used to see foxes off

We used to have an alpha 1 male dog who would see off any other male and
claim all the bitches on the planet were his and his alone.
One night we had a vixen on the front lawn calling. He went and hid
upstairs in the bathroom. Obviously didn't fancy a bit of rough!!
--
hugh