Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jez Jez is offline

Default Garden Wildlife

Just a very quick message to invite anyone interested in wildlife to
join in on my wildlife message board at http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk
This forum is a great place to get information and to discuss the
wildlife you love & to make new friends! to view the main website

itself take a look at www.gardenwildlife.co.uk

Kind Regards
Jeremy

used to do an online birdbox camera in a previous incarnation - kids and I
spent ages watching it fed to the main tv :-)

--
(º•.¸(¨*•.¸ ¸.•*¨)¸.•º)
.•°•. Nik .•°•.

itself take a look at www.gardenwildlife.co.uk

Kind Regards
Jeremy

used to do an online birdbox camera in a previous incarnation - kids and I
spent ages watching it fed to the main tv :-)

About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hugh" ] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk

About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh

Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear. Daytime foxes are a
menace to anyone trying to keep poultry and the reason we get them? Because
people feed them and they become bold.
the right place for foxes is during the night because they are afraid of us,
and it should be so.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk

About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh

Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear. Daytime foxes are a
menace to anyone trying to keep poultry and the reason we get them? Because
people feed them and they become bold.
the right place for foxes is during the night because they are afraid of us,
and it should be so.

Don't think the neighbours opposite would be too happy if I started
taking pot shots at foxes - might hit his new BMW. On the other
hand.....
--
hugh

Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk

About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh

Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear. Daytime foxes are a
menace to anyone trying to keep poultry and the reason we get them? Because
people feed them and they become bold.
the right place for foxes is during the night because they are afraid of us,
and it should be so.

Don't think the neighbours opposite would be too happy if I started
taking pot shots at foxes - might hit his new BMW. On the other
hand.....

... you would be prosecuted and lose your gun licence. If you attract
an armed response team you might lose your life.

Hypothetical situation - I don't actually have a gun. And if I did,
hopefully I would be aware of the restrictions as to use.
--
hugh
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

"hugh" ] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk

About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh

Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear.

Shooting in a residential area? Don't be silly. I doubt there are many
poultry keepers there either.

Janet

Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/02/2012 13:00, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...
] wrote in message
http://forum.gardenwildlife.co.uk
About 11.00 this morning had a fox casually saunter down the road - a
quiet cul-de-sac on an estate.
--
hugh

Hope you were able to put a bit of lead in its ear.

Shooting in a residential area? Don't be silly. I doubt there are many
poultry keepers there either.

Janet

I have a large male fox come into the garden every night, usually about
30 mins. after dusk.
Any food left over, cat food etc I usually put out just before it gets
dark but last night because of the heavy snow I left it till later.
When I saw the fox in the garden, it activates the floodlight, I went to
take out some rather tasty giblets from a duck we where having.
Now we also have a semi wild Tabby cat which spends some time in the
conservatory and on smelling the food followed me up the garden, I could
see the fox hiding at the top.
This tabby Is very small, must have been the runt, and started to help
itself to the giblets, got back to the house and the fox came down to
eat but the tabby was not having it and kept chasing it away so the fox
hid at the top of the garden until the cat had had its fill.
I am always reading about foxes killing cats but I do think that foxes
have an undeserved reputation, I also have a firearm (licensed) but
there is no way I would shoot an animal for doing what is natural to it.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

] wrote in message
[...]

We had a small long haired tabby that used to see foxes off
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , stuart noble
writes
] wrote in message
[...]

We used to have an alpha 1 male dog who would see off any other male and
claim all the bitches on the planet were his and his alone.
One night we had a vixen on the front lawn calling. He went and hid
upstairs in the bathroom. Obviously didn't fancy a bit of rough!!
--
hugh