Old 06-02-2012, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snow and netting/mesh/fleece?

In article ,
Jim Chisholm wrote:

The previous frost was cold enough to start damaging most brassicas.
Only the very hardy ones will have been completely unaffected.

It's just (some) savoy cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli left under
netting

Don't think there will be much difference in the weather between
Nick's house and my allotment (about 3km distance and a few metres height!)

For quite a strong meaning of 'a few'! I looked at my brassicas
recently, and the kohl rabi and broccoli were very limp; the
cavallero nero were a bit better. I shall see whether they rot
when it warms up again.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.