Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Top Ten pests in gardens for 2010

On Feb 3, 3:57*pm, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/News/Top-10-pests

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob, this is compiled from queries received by the RHS from the public so
that it in no way represents what we see as the major pests - only pests
that we don't recognise! It is a 'classic' in the mis-interpretation of
statistics.

* When I read the list I wondered how it was compiled as *the only ones
on it that I've seen round here are slugs and lily beetles; and even their
numbers don't amount to pest proportions.

* *Janet.

The trouble with "experts" is they can't see beyond their own field.
Experts are a waste of space.