Old 20-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Rod

Default Rose, bud or graft now

"Annabel" wrote in message

Thanks Rod, its just that I have been presented with two flowers (3 buds
total) and asked if I can grow them, they want *this* rose not this
cultivar. I have told them its unlikely especially as the buds in
question are probably not suitable.

Well if you've got flowers you might stand a chance if you had anything
suitable to bud them onto this early (that's going to be a matter of whether
you can lift the bark without it all breaking up). As you say the buds
immediately below the flower are probably 'blind' anyway but there might be
a useable one further down the stem. We used to expect to find around 5 good
buds on a full length flowering stem.

Rod