Old 17-02-2012, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please help with my Schefflera

On 16/02/2012 17:19, rylain wrote:
I bought a big pot of Schefflera a week ago from the flower market. It
is about 1 meter high. I plan to grow it in my flat.

When I bought it, some of the leaves were dark green and some were
partially yellow. It does not look healthy to me. In the past few days,
the leaves kept on dropping off. When I tried to take off some unhealthy
leaves today, half of them dropped off.

I wonder if the plant is ill? Shall I change the soil for it?

I read from the internet that I can plant another pot by taking a branch
off from the Schefflera. How could I do this?

Could anyone give me some suggestion please? Thanks a lot!

Here is a picture of the plant:

|Filename: photo.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14746|

Was the plant outside when you bought it in the flower market? If so,
it may be suffering from getting too cold. As long as the pot didn't
get too cold ( ie as long as the roots didn't get too cold) you should
be ok. Even if the plant loses all its leaves they should grow again.
Even in the most severe case, as long as the roots didn't freeze, the
plant should throw up a new stem or two. Just be patient over the next
2 or 3 months to see how the plant responds to being in a warm room.

--

Jeff