Old 20-04-2003, 10:44 PM
FOW

Default Breaking Dormancy...

My Roses are already in full leaves and some have over 100 2 in. buds on
them My Taboo is 7 ft tall !
"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
Theo Asir wrote:

When the soild temp is around 40 F the
roses tend to concentrate on growing roots.

I'm in zone 7 and the night time temps have been above 40 for the past
week let alone the daytime temps. Week before it was riany and cool but
I still think the daytime temps were over 40.

This is a good thing.

Roots=Good Most definitely. *smile*

When warm weather comes along it will be raring to go.

I think that's why I expected to see *something* this past week.
*smile* Everyone else has buds all over and the new DD in the front bed
is getting bigger every day. She was put in at the beginning of last
month while I was out of town. When I returned, less than two weeks
after she went in, there were basal shoots all over!

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu