Old 20-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Plant identification please

Sacha wrote in
:

I've managed to identify most of the plants in my garden but there
are one or two I'm not 100% certain about. A few photos of one of
them are here

http://www.jimm.dsl.pipex.com/

I think it is a morning glory but although it is against the wall it
doesn't seem particularly keen to climb. Can anyone confirm exactly
what this is

Thanks

Jim

No, that's one of the Vincas, Jim. They make good ground cover and
can be invasive but they're not climbers.

Vinca Major can be trained up a trellis, though you have to keep on at it,
as it has no tendrils or natural twining habit.

It's naturally a trailer rather than a climber, so if you can put it at the
top of a wall, rather than bottom of a fence, it will cover it happily.

Victoria