Old 20-02-2012, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Blackbirds

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:01:56 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

On Feb 18, 2:05 pm, Baz wrote:
Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz

Our blackbirds fight one another.

We haven't had many starlings this year, has it been too cold for them or
are they getting fewer.

kate

They're not getting fewer round here. Flocks of 20-30 taking over the
bird table and stripping it clean every afternoon. Though more
recently they have migrated somewhere else which I take as a sign of
spring.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

For those that notice such things - I'm changing my
Usenet provider to News.Individual.NET. It's still me!