Old 18-02-2012, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blackbirds

Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz
Old 19-02-2012, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 18, 2:05*pm, Baz wrote:
Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz

Our blackbirds fight one another.
Old 19-02-2012, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
harry wrote:

On Feb 18, 2:05*pm, Baz wrote:
Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz

Our blackbirds fight one another.

We've got Rudolph back again just this week and he's starting to
re-establish his territory.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 19-02-2012, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 18, 2:05 pm, Baz wrote:
Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz

Our blackbirds fight one another.

We haven't had many starlings this year, has it been too cold for them or
are they getting fewer.

kate

Old 19-02-2012, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
Jake wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:57:33 GMT, wrote:

Our blackbirds fight one another.

We've got Rudolph back again just this week and he's starting to
re-establish his territory.

Stephen.

Donner und Blitzen! It's usually the women (typical) that do the
territorial bit around this time of year.

Cheers, Jake

I will have to take a closer look next time he/she is perched on
the roof ariel singing its head off to find out and maybe take a
photo if possible.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 20-02-2012, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

Still need 3 and ten to have enough to make a Pie.
Old 20-02-2012, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:01:56 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

On Feb 18, 2:05 pm, Baz wrote:
Blackbirds are flirting here, surely spring has sprung? Early?

It keeps on hissing with rain, on and off, temp 9c.

Baz

Our blackbirds fight one another.

We haven't had many starlings this year, has it been too cold for them or
are they getting fewer.

kate

They're not getting fewer round here. Flocks of 20-30 taking over the
bird table and stripping it clean every afternoon. Though more
recently they have migrated somewhere else which I take as a sign of
spring.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

For those that notice such things - I'm changing my
Usenet provider to News.Individual.NET. It's still me!

Slug bait kills earthworms too, that kills birds, especially robins and blackbirds, not to mention b Hamish United Kingdom 0 22-07-2004 12:27 AM
Slug bait kills earthworms too, that kills birds, especially robins and blackbirds Hamish United Kingdom 0 22-07-2004 12:27 AM
re blackbirds and mulch Bob Holly United Kingdom 41 04-06-2004 11:12 PM
Blackbirds Lucy United Kingdom 42 19-10-2003 10:32 PM
controlling marauding blackbirds? John Savage Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM