Old 20-02-2012, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Perennial Seeds

On Feb 20, 1:42*pm, ashyboi5000
wrote:
I'm very much an average gardener. Only really got into this year. I
bought a heated propagator and I've successfully grown some chilli and
pepper seedlings. Yes I started off early in the season! And got a
blueberry plant and a Weigela I'm both nursing. The garden is typically
the parents domain- I'm 23 and live at home- but currently staring out
to the back it's looking rather scruffy.

I'm now wanting some flowering plants, are perennials the ones that
flower year after year just so I am clear?

Can anybody offer any advice for some seeds to get? Ideally I would like
them to be evergreen too, to give some winter colour other than brown
and to flower each year. If possible I would like them to flower this
year too.

There seems to be loads out there and I would just be picking what I
like the looks of. Or is this the best thing to do?

A lot seem to say they flower second year, would they be safe outside
over winter in their first year?

A barage of questions but hopefully some-one can make some sense and be
able to give some advise.

Thanks.

--
ashyboi5000

You need to grow plants suitable for your soil, so the first thing is
to determine what sort of soil you have, With a soil test kit or speak
to a neighbour.
Report back then & someone will give a few ideas.

Also sand or clay?
Exposed or sheltered?
Whereabouts in the country?

Not enough information you see.