Old 21-02-2012, 06:10 PM
ashyboi5000 ashyboi5000 is offline
Registered User

Thanks guys, a lot of questions and a lot of answers!

I would say we have either silty or sandy soil, going by the BBC description and the pictures.
I'm based in Edinburgh.

I've taken enjoyment out of growing the chilli and pepper seeds, and which to carry this on and expand into other areas. So thought seeds would be a cheap way to get some flowers back in the garden.

So looks like I am hunting for hardy perenials then. Neighbours have a huge different type of gardens. From the classic "oap" garden to more modern garden of palm tree (well it's not one, but forgot what it is) and slightly exotic looking flowers. Further along there's one that looks quite country cottage in appearance, and bedding plants are favoured quite a lot!