Old 21-02-2012, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default Progress

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:04:24 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

Over the last couple of days I have transplanted 321 seedlings and
planted 36 tomato seeds.

Surely, you're doing this indoors. Even in 9B, there's still more
than a month of frost threat. "Transplanted" would be "potting up" to
larger containers?

Last night, I counted 131 germinated seeds from my tomato plantings -
in my barn, on a heatmat. I seeded another tray with hot peppers,
eggplant, okra, some summer squashes, etc and moved that to the heated
mat. (both of these were under humidity domes).

I need to prep my larger outdoor seedling trays (wooden affairs with
weed barrier and hardware cloth on the bottom and a screened cover to
protect seedlings from birds) and plant beans in a month or so.

I planted 66 beet seeds and 64 germinated with 140 plants. The other
plants are Granex onions, Red Burgundy onions, shallots, spinach, and
chard. I still have to start the remaining tomatoes, eggplant,
peppers and start on lettuces and herbs.

You haven't planted enough beets g

I've got 100 pea plants (mostly sugar snap type), and several trays
of germinated lettuce already - all of that is outdoors. No snow
here.