Old 20-02-2012, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Progress

Over the last couple of days I have transplanted 321 seedlings and
planted 36 tomato seeds.

I planted 66 beet seeds and 64 germinated with 140 plants. The other
plants are Granex onions, Red Burgundy onions, shallots, spinach, and
chard. I still have to start the remaining tomatoes, eggplant,
peppers and start on lettuces and herbs.

And we got about 2" of snow yesterday.

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 21-02-2012, 10:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 20, 6:04*pm, The Cook wrote:
Over the last couple of days I have transplanted 321 seedlings and
planted 36 tomato seeds.

Transplanted to where?

I planted 66 beet seeds and 64 germinated with 140 plants. *The other
plants are Granex onions, Red Burgundy onions, shallots, spinach, and
chard. *I still have to start the remaining tomatoes, eggplant,
peppers and *start on lettuces and herbs.

And we got about 2" of snow yesterday.

The snow went North of us but it is still too cold for the lettuce to
be happy
MJ

Old 21-02-2012, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:04:24 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

Over the last couple of days I have transplanted 321 seedlings and
planted 36 tomato seeds.

Surely, you're doing this indoors. Even in 9B, there's still more
than a month of frost threat. "Transplanted" would be "potting up" to
larger containers?

Last night, I counted 131 germinated seeds from my tomato plantings -
in my barn, on a heatmat. I seeded another tray with hot peppers,
eggplant, okra, some summer squashes, etc and moved that to the heated
mat. (both of these were under humidity domes).

I need to prep my larger outdoor seedling trays (wooden affairs with
weed barrier and hardware cloth on the bottom and a screened cover to
protect seedlings from birds) and plant beans in a month or so.

I planted 66 beet seeds and 64 germinated with 140 plants. The other
plants are Granex onions, Red Burgundy onions, shallots, spinach, and
chard. I still have to start the remaining tomatoes, eggplant,
peppers and start on lettuces and herbs.

You haven't planted enough beets g

I've got 100 pea plants (mostly sugar snap type), and several trays
of germinated lettuce already - all of that is outdoors. No snow
here.