Old 21-02-2012, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Blackbirds

In message
Jake wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:07:46 GMT,
wrote:

[snip]

Donner und Blitzen! It's usually the women (typical) that do
the territorial bit around this time of year.

Cheers, Jake

I will have to take a closer look next time he/she is perched on
the roof ariel singing its head off to find out and maybe take a
photo if possible.

Stephen.

It's usually easy to tell the female blackbirds simply because they
aren't. They tend to be brownish in colour. Around now they will get
aggressive towards each other as they establish their nesting site and
towards other birds when feeding.

Cheers, Jake

The problem is getting close enough to identify properly when
he/she is singing away on the roof tops, never sits on my roof to
get a proper look at.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk