Old 21-02-2012, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Blackbirds

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:09:41 GMT, wrote:

The problem is getting close enough to identify properly when
he/she is singing away on the roof tops, never sits on my roof to
get a proper look at.

Stephen.

If it's singing it's male. Females just nag. Sexing by colour should
be easy given a moment's glance from any distance. Black (if you look
carefully there's a blue tint) is male and brownish is female. The
males chirp merrily but it's the females that get territorial.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

I'm having a panic - noticed some water in the pond
in between the frog spawn.