Old 22-02-2012, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default multi genetic apple tree

Am 22.02.2012 00:25, schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

They sell trees like that over here, called "Family Trees" with three or
more varieties grafted onto one root stock....

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php?cPath=380

A nice shop and website, and, how interesting, they even offer a
self-fertile apple, 'Queen Cox'. I've never heard of that.

Did you also notice the Gooseberries. A beautiful fruit that grows on
vicious spiny shrubs and tastes like heaven IMO*. Seems it's virtually
only grown in the UK and Japan, both island countries but a world apart,
strange.
* Gooseberry crumble and pie and jam, all amazing.

We had them in our garden ever since I remember. I still have 2 shrubs.

G Willi