Old 20-02-2012, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default multi genetic apple tree

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

Attached Thumbnails
multi genetic apple tree-apfel_bg_1_1-0.jpg
Old 20-02-2012, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:55:12 +0100, Willi wrote:

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

It sort of reminds me of that tree in Harry potter movies. It must be
so nice to graft fruit trees.
Old 21-02-2012, 05:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for
testing on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5
varieties on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable
taste and storability.

Very clever of you, I hope you get a great crop.

Old 21-02-2012, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 21.02.2012 06:33, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for
testing on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5
varieties on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable
taste and storability.

Very clever of you, I hope you get a great crop.

Thanks a lot. I hope my efforts will be rewarded sometimes.
Old 21-02-2012, 05:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 20.02.2012 21:39, schrieb joevan:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:55:12 +0100, wrote:

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

It sort of reminds me of that tree in Harry potter movies. It must be
so nice to graft fruit trees.

The tree had stayed a long time unpruned, so I once had to cut off some
bigger branches. That's why it has that interesting shape, not to
mention the moss and lichens on its bark.
It is very nice, if some scions grow on from time to time.

Old 21-02-2012, 06:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Willi" wrote

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

They sell trees like that over here, called "Family Trees" with three or
more varieties grafted onto one root stock....

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php?cPath=380

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 21-02-2012, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 21.02.2012 19:19, schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

They sell trees like that over here, called "Family Trees" with three or
more varieties grafted onto one root stock....

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php?cPath=380

A nice shop and website, and, how interesting, they even offer a
self-fertile apple, 'Queen Cox'. I've never heard of that.
Old 21-02-2012, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Willi" wrote

schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

One of my apple trees. I don't know extact the variety. It is an
aromatic, slightly sweet winter apple. 2 branches I'm using for testing
on-grafted, home-grown seedlings. So there are additionally 5 varieties
on this tree. 1 of them bore already fruit of acceptable taste and
storability.

They sell trees like that over here, called "Family Trees" with three or
more varieties grafted onto one root stock....

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php?cPath=380

A nice shop and website, and, how interesting, they even offer a
self-fertile apple, 'Queen Cox'. I've never heard of that.

Did you also notice the Gooseberries. A beautiful fruit that grows on
vicious spiny shrubs and tastes like heaven IMO*. Seems it's virtually only
grown in the UK and Japan, both island countries but a world apart, strange.
* Gooseberry crumble and pie and jam, all amazing.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 22-02-2012, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 22.02.2012 00:25, schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

schrieb Bob Hobden:
"Willi" wrote

[...]

We had them in our garden ever since I remember. I still have 2 shrubs.

G Willi