Old 22-02-2012, 04:21 PM
ashyboi5000 ashyboi5000 is offline
Registered User

Thanks again Jake. Looked up the palm and I think it's that one. I remember it has a really sweet smelling flower. Although I forgot she had to remove it due to not protecting it in winter one year! Silly me!

I bought some "hardy perennial first year flowers" (my google search phrase) Got 6packets for under £12.

Oenothera odorata Apricot Delight (Evening Primrose) Seeds
Althaea rosea Crème de Cassis (Hollyhock)
Hollyhock : Powder Puffs Mixed (Alcea)
Kniphofia 'Flamenco' (Red Hot Poker)
Catananche caerulea (Cupid's Dart)
Papaver rupifragum Orange Feathers

Picked what I liked the looks of, and tried to think about about height, ground spread to give different levels.
Also think I've ended up with reds/oranges and purples. So may be an interesting mix!