Old 22-02-2012, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default wildflower mixes

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Two people (obviously watching Sarah raven!) have contacted me to ask
where the best place to get a bulk order of wildflower mix for chalk
meadows. I know you can get small amounts from the standard seed
companies but where do they go for larger amounts of seed. 1 lady has
about half an acre she could sow.

First few to come up on Google wildflower seed mix bulk site:uk

URL:http://www.meadowmania.co.uk/default.cfm/loaddoc.51
URL:http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...wild.htm#Chalk
Soil Mixture
URL:http://wildseed.co.uk/mixtures/view/29

But they're still £500 for a half-acre.

Mixtures including grasses, presumably intended for sowing on bare
ground, are cheaper per kilo, but need to be sown at greater weight per
square meter.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley