Old 23-02-2012, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Patty Winter[_2_] Patty Winter[_2_] is offline

Default A Goliath project on a David budget

In article ,
saltdog wrote:

'Patty Winter[_2_ Wrote:

If your English clay is anything like what we've got in California
(adobe), you sure don't want to be trying to dig it when it's dry!

Much as I appreciate the response and agree with you Patty, I must
clarify that my clay is very much Scottish and not English. Lol.

Sorry, "saltdog"! (Also sorry to not address you properly by name,
but I don't know what it is.) Dunno why I thought that the part of
the UK you were in was England. Well, if you folks get that referendum
sorted out, the difference will be even clearer. :-)

You have a point though. I never really meant when it was baked dry
though. I'm thinking that happens less in Scotland than it would in
California anyway.

LOL--probably so! It's in the '70s F here today, and it's February!

I just wondered if there was any point digging it
while it was efectively a pond.

No, you're right, it isn't. Wait until it's still soft but not soggy.
Good luck!

Patty