Old 23-02-2012, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default 4 cotyledon tomato seedling!

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:31:38 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

I remember when they got rid of the 1/2 p the outcry that now prices
would have to rise by 1p now.
Now when the supermarkets raise their prices, it seems to be 10p a
time.

Memories. My favourite choccie bar of old was Fry's Turkish Delight
which used to come in 2 sizes - 4d and 6d. I think the current £6.50
bar is a bit smaller than the old 4d one. Then there were Mars bars.
These were for special occasions as they were 8d.

In even younger days, I remember the Saturday dash with my pocket
money. First visit was to the local Woolies for 2d worth of salted
peanuts. That was followed by the local record store where I could buy
a 78rpm record for 4d - the 78 versions were cheaper than the new
45/33s.

Later in life I was caught out in the same store when they raised the
price of 45s from 2/6 to 3 shillings and I had to ask Dad for an
increase in my allowance.

I can't remember what seeds cost in those days as they were always
bought for my by an uncle who started teaching me to garden before I
started school.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.