Old 26-02-2012, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Can you help identify this greenhouse glazing clip?

On 26/02/2012 20:02, Daveoh wrote:
Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

The aluminium nuts and bolts look like standard components to me. Can't
really tell what the clips look like from your photographs, but you
should be able to make something close enough from stock extruded
aluminium U section and a few hand tools. You will also need some L
section aluminium (and I would suggest you brace the corner facing into
the prevailing wind with thicker than standard material).

Here is what happened to mine in the storm of 1997
http://www.nezumi.demon.co.uk/garden/gizmos/gizmos.htm

The wind facing corner sheared off its anchor bolts and the corner
struts crippled through the glass which did not bend at all. Hurricane
force wind got inside and that was the end.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown