Old 26-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered User

Default Can you help identify this greenhouse glazing clip?

Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Can you help identify this greenhouse glazing clip?-clip1.jpg   Can you help identify this greenhouse glazing clip?-clip2.jpg
Old 26-02-2012, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/02/2012 20:02, Daveoh wrote:
Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

The aluminium nuts and bolts look like standard components to me. Can't
really tell what the clips look like from your photographs, but you
should be able to make something close enough from stock extruded
aluminium U section and a few hand tools. You will also need some L
section aluminium (and I would suggest you brace the corner facing into
the prevailing wind with thicker than standard material).

Here is what happened to mine in the storm of 1997
http://www.nezumi.demon.co.uk/garden/gizmos/gizmos.htm

The wind facing corner sheared off its anchor bolts and the corner
struts crippled through the glass which did not bend at all. Hurricane
force wind got inside and that was the end.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 26-02-2012, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 26, 8:02*pm, Daveoh wrote:
Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

Daveoh

What were the clips used for?
You may well be able to use a different type of clip.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On Feb 26, 8:02*pm, Daveoh wrote:
Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

Daveoh

What were the clips used for?
You may well be able to use a different type of clip.
The clips are used to hold the glass in place.
If you can imagine the notched end sitting against the pane of glass with the above pane of glass resting in the notched part of the clip which stops it from sliding down once tightened.

Do you think i could sub it for a different type of glazing clip?
As i said the greenhouse is very old so i i am unsure if the universal clips will work

please help!
Old 27-02-2012, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 27, 8:50*am, Daveoh wrote:
Dave Hill;952103 Wrote:

On Feb 26, 8:02*pm, Daveoh wrote:-
[...]

Daveoh- Hide quoted text -

You can use Z clips to go between the sheets of glass and W clips to
hold them in place .
2 z clips per overlap, and 4 w clips per sheet.
http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...sfile=1&jump=4
They sell thenm in 100 lots so not to bad a price.
David @ the wet and fogy end of Swansea Bay.

Old 27-02-2012, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Daveoh wrote in
news

Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

Quite simple really.

Visit this group without gardenbanter and I will give you the solution to
your problem.

Baz
Old 27-02-2012, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:56:41 GMT, Baz wrote:

Daveoh wrote in
news

Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age by
the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

Quite simple really.

Visit this group without gardenbanter and I will give you the solution to
your problem.

Baz

Careful Baz or your family will get a letter from whassisname south of
the Solent :-)))

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake wrote in
news
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:56:41 GMT, Baz wrote:

Daveoh wrote in
news

Title says it all really, i have aquired a green house of some age
by the look of it and the fact i cant find these clips anywhere!
See attachments.

|Filename: clip1.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14756|
|Filename: clip2.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14757|

Quite simple really.

Visit this group without gardenbanter and I will give you the solution
to your problem.

Baz

Careful Baz or your family will get a letter from whassisname south of
the Solent :-)))

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

Oh bugger, lock up your daughters 'cos Mike of Solent(South branch) will
want to send us all a letter....ooerr. We ALL want that, no 35p stamp on
it, no address so return to sender.
How can we send it back to our redeemer Mike?
Ahhah, by Googlemail, ....Nah can't be arsed.

Baz